Rapid Testing available onsite
We are here for you
Rapid virus testing
COVID-19 rapid virus tests and antibody tests are now available at Atlantic Urgent Care.
The rapid virus test is a nasal swab test. The result is available in 15 minutes. The test has a high accuracy rate. It is recommended to confirm the test result with a PCR virus test.
The test requires a consultation with the provider. We do not perform only the test without being evaluated by the provider.
Rapid antibody test
The rapid antibody test requires a blood sample. A positive result indicates a recent exposure and some protection. A negative test does not exclude the presence or absence of infection.
The test detects the presence of antibodies in response to a recent or past COVID-19 infection.
Policies & procedures
- Patients are required to wear masks during the visit to protect themselves, other patients and the staff.
- The clinic is kept sanitized at all times with disinfection process to keep all room, tables, chairs, door handles and surfaces clean and to minimize the risk of infection.
- Our staff is provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at work for your protection.
- Patients who have no face mask will be provided with one.
- We kindly ask patient’s family members and companions to wait outside the clinic unless their presence with the patient is essential ( kids and elderly patients needing assistance.
Frequently asked questions
What are the symptoms of COVID-19 infection?
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms
Does my insurance cover the test if I have COVID symptoms or exposure?
Atlantic Urgent Care accepts most insurance plans. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 infection or have been exposed to the virus, your insurance usually covers for the visit and test depending on your plan benefits ( deductible or copay may apply).
Does my insurance cover the test for work, travel or curiosity ?
Many insurance plans do not cover a COIVD-19 tests for work , travel or curiosity. In these instances you will be charged for the test at the time of visit. As a courtesy we will bill your and refund you the charges if your plan pays for the visit and test.
The rapid virus test costs $160 and the antibody test costs $100 due at the time of visit.
What is the cost for the test if I have no insurance?
Patients without insurance are charged $160 for the test if they do not want or need to see the provider ( Testing for work, travel or courtesy)
Patients with symptoms must consult with the provider for a complete evaluation and assessment of their illness. The charges for the consultation is $150. The provider will determine if the patient needs a COVID-19 rapid antigen test or the antibody test. In this case the cost for the rapid antigen test is only $100 and for the antibody test is $70 ( in addition to the initial consultation fee of $150).
How long does for the test result to be available?
The result for both the rapid antigen and antibody test results are available in 15 minutes after the the test sample has been collected.
Do I need an appointment to be tested?
We strongly encourage our patients who are in need for a COVID-19 test for work, travel or courtesy to call us and make an appointment. Walk-Ins are still welcome and no appointment is needed if you have symptoms and need immediate care.
Is there an age limit to test for VOVID-19?
No, We are able to test all age groups onsite.
What you need to know
- Anyone can have mild to severe symptoms.
- Older adults and people who have severe underlying medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness.